Our brewery and taproom is located inside of the historic Gentry Building. After the fire of February 1911, the City of Conroe mandated that all new buildings must be constructed with solid brick. The Gentry Building was constructed that Fall, making it the first to be built after the fire and the oldest building in Downtown Conroe.
It has since housed several occupants including the Farmers and Merchants Bank, the Carnes Mercantile, and in 1929, the Gentry Men’s Clothing Store. Elvis Presley purchased sport shirts in the store in August 1955 and U.S. Senator Lyndon Baines Johnson visited his friend Thomas Earl Gentry in the building in the early 1950s.